Thursday, March 3, 2011

Qipao and Jade, the two struggles I have in America

My girlfriend is a true Chinese.  How do I know that?  She loves Jade and Qipao.  The problem is, it's difficult to find both in America.  There are places in CA and NY that allow you to find some of them.  But the best are always in China.  It's frustrating to say the least.  Sometimes I want to just fly to HK and get her a piece of a jade.  But that's so expensive!  I wonder why people like diamonds so much.  Jade is much more colorful and more rare than diamonds.  Anyways, just wanted to vent.  Hope everyone had a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Ah I also want to get a Qi Pao, In Ireland you can only get very cheap but not very fancy Qi Pao's. I would like to get a pink Qi Pao next time I go to china

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found a place that has stores and tailor shops in London that would make your QiPao for you. It also has one in NYC! Check it out:

    http://www.shanghaitang.com/it_contact.jsp

    ReplyDelete